There are several benefits that come from using IdaPlus 1085 in yogurt manufacturing. With better solubility that leads to a more efficient dispersion and hydration, lower buffering capacity, improved water holding capacity and stronger gel strength, a yogurt manufacturer can experience the following benefits:
- Improved texture and flavor attributes.
- Potential increased plant throughput from reduced fermentation time.
- Lower levels of titratable acid, producing milder, less sour tasting yogurt.
- Less syneresis or wheying off, providing a better appearance to consumers.
- Possible replacement of starches and gelatin, leading to cleaner labels.
- Reduced resetting in drinking yogurts. The reduction in mineral content doesn’t allow the caseins to aggregate over shelf-life after post-fermentation shear.